Friday, March 9, 2007

Okay this is fun!!!

The people at this link are having some fun with American Idol. They haven't been too successful but they are worth a weekly read. Their target as things move forward is Sanjaya. Check it out.

I received some flack from someone who thinks I was wrong to pick Sanjaya over Sundance. I don't think I did that.

I said I thought both should go home based on their performances. I also said that If one had to stay that I could live another week with Sanjaya. The difference is that, while both are so clearly out of their league, Sanjaya knows he is out of his league. If you were paying attention when he was told he would return next week he was absolutely mortified.

So what advice would I give this poor kid. HAVE FUN because it won't last. Choose songs that exploit the teenie bopper image- boy band stuff, teen idol songs, etc. Will from last season (the Bobby Brady guy) would have lasted at least another week if he would have catered to his audience. He could sing "Ben", the theme from the rat movie, or anything Donny Osmond. He could sing that annoying Christopher Cross song "Sailing" that was a minor hit for 'NSYNC.
In reality, his next performance will likely be his last so he should kick it up and do something that is completely fun for him.

No comments: