Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Idol hopes for Neil Diamond Night

Okay, I am fairly certain it will be five contestants- the three guys and two girls.
Doing this excercize revealed to me why David C should win- even though I am not a huge fan- he is the most versitile.

It was hard to pick for David A because, frankly, to hear this kid sing some of these lyrics would be downright creepy.

The other consideration is that many of Neil's popular songs would be sing-songy and many of the ballads are simply too long to make sense when condensed into the time-frame of the show.

Who knows what will be done, really. I would hope Neil would get some sort of a veto on staple songs like IAIS and we will likely see some sort of group medley on Wednesday night.

I am not even going to guess on which girls will still be around since I find it quite unlikely that any of them will win.

So, these are not so much guesses or predictions. They are a wish list. Here goes:

David A.:Shilo, Heartlight, I’m a Believer

David Cook: You Got to Me, Kentucky Woman, Cherry Cherry

Jason: And the singer Sings His Songs, Glory Road, And the Grass wont pay no Mind - even money bet on 'Canta Libre' since Jason has a penchant for spanish language songs.

Girl One: Hello Again, You Don’t Bring Me Flowers, September Morn

Girl Two: Beautiful Noise, Thank the Lord for the Nighttime,Morningside

This little game points out some real problems for some candidates.

Jason becomes more likeable to me with each week but his style creates limitations as to how far he can go n the competition. Even my picks for him do not offer any real opportunity to stretch which he will need to do if he expects to win.

Same thing with David A.- the kid is cute but he is just a kid. I think he will not pass muster in the final three and will lose out to the maturity of Castro and Cook for the final two. His only attempt to pick up the tempo during Beatle's week did not work. I'm a Believer gives himt si chance but the song does not show off his voice.

The MOR stuff is a safe bet for the MOR girls I include "Thank the Lord..." and "Beuatiful Noise" in this mix because any of these contestants could choose this one to demonstrate an ability to 'shake it.'

No comments: